Join the 12th EE-ISAC Open Plenary
27-28 November Athens, Greece
The session will focus on the critical infrastructure threat analysis, activities of the Energy Community and NISD challenges for energy operators.
- November 26th | Open to EE-ISAC Members & Partners only
- November 27th | Open to Members & Non-Members alike
- November 28th | ENISA Training - Network Forensics open to Members & Non-Members alike
The event is free of charge to attend. It is an open meeting where quality experiences, realities and information will be exchanged in an open, transparent and trusted manner among colleagues. To register, please kindly fill out the online registration form.
Join the Incident Response at CyberRange-e
7-9 October 2019 - Baumstraße 25, 45130, Essen, Germany.
Cyber-attacks have become a real threat for operators of critical infrastructures and energy suppliers. As the increased technology and connectivity of the smart grid brings new risks to the energy industry, threats are now directed at power plants and electricity grids. The agenda of the event will include the introduction of the EE-ISAC whitepaper on Incident Response (IR) in order to implement an effective IR model and international cooperation on cybersecurity. Key topics, such as the main challenges the energy sector faces today, the target processes, and the pitfalls within companies will be addressed.
The workshop is free of charge to attend where best practices and information in the cybersecurity field will be exchanged in a trusted manner. To register, please kindly fill out the online registration form by Monday, September 30.
Join the 6th Cyber & SCADA Security for Power and Utilities Industry 2019
25-27 September 2019 in Berlin, Germany
In today's environment of digitization and integrated technologies, the industry continues to face increased cyber security threats. More & more incidents in the cyber space are reported annually by energy companies. Bolstering security and risk mitigation challenge today and utility stakeholders can not take advantage of cybersecurity to the front seat. One simply cannot be out of the loop and underestimate vulnerabilities and risks that can be right around the corner.
Apart from the advanced solutions & protection technologies available and constantly upgraded in the market, the need to deploy the proper organization, to enhance the awareness of the culture and ensure the security of its IT and IT systems. company leaders.
6th Cyber & SCADA Industry Security 2019 will gather IT, Information & Cyber security, ICT, SCADA & OT security senior decision-makers & professionals from leading Power & Utility companies to gain new insights, exchange valuable knowledge, stay up-to-date and learn from practical examples and peer-to-peer networking in a business-friendly exclusive environment. EE-ISAC is a proud partner for the upcoming event in Berlin on September 25 to 27! For the full programme, click here.
To join this conversation, contact the organisers at:
Daria Larina - firstname.lastname@example.org - +420 234 092 159
Join the 11th EE-ISAC Open Plenary on May 8th and 9th 2019 in Warsaw.
The upcoming EE-ISAC Plenary will be be a two-fold event covering topics on the European Energy sector and on the International Energy sector with partners from Japan and the U.S. The sessions include open discussion and information sharing on:
- Malware Information Sharing Platform
- International ISAC Cooperation
- Cyber Security Metrics
- PSE Facilties tour
Event schedule & Agenda:
- May 8th: Open to all stakeholders
- May 9th: Open to EE-ISAC Members & Partners only
The EE-ISAC is a proud partner of the SGTech Europe 2019, the Smart Grid Innovation Project Exchange taking place 26-28 March 2019 in Amsterdam. This intensive multi-track conference draws together 250+ smart grid technical professionals for a review of 40+ utility implementation and innovation case studies, in the digital substation, next generation SCADA system, utility packet telecoms and cyber-security domains.
The EE-ISAC is a proud partner of the Cyber Senate Security for Critical Infrastructure for “Developing Collective Resilience for Industry 4.0” taking place March 26-27, 2019 in Amsterdam.
The event will be focused on how to meet main cyber security objectives, overcome communication challenges around security and approach cyber risk ownership and governance. The session dedicated to critical infrastructure will explore how to teach crisis management and how to operate cyber exercises across different industries at a national level.
Johan Rambi, EE-ISAC Member, is speaking in the morning session of March 27, focusing on “Developing Effective Sharing Mechanisms for Critical Infrastructure”. He will be presenting the ISAC model, the power of anonymised information sharing and limitations, in order to explain how cross-sector and transnational knowledge sharing can be improved.
Due to additional sponsorship, Cyber Senate is able to offer free passes to Operators of Essential Services across critical infrastructure domains. Please contact email@example.com by mentioning EE-ISAC to receive a free pass!
For more information, please click here.
To register, please click here.
The EE-ISAC is a proud partner of the Cyber Security Metrics Workshop (28 March) at the EPRI European Workshop Week taking place 26-28 March 2019, in Milan, Italy. The Workshop Week is a set of technical workshops focused on equipping TSO, DSO, Supplier and Generation professionals with the latest information on selected topics of most relevance for the European Energy Transition.
The event is addressed to those involved with grid operations and planning, reneweable, distributes resources, storage metering, cyber security and customer modeling at a utility or network operator.
If you wish to learn more on how to quantify the success of your cyber security investment decisions or apply standard measures of the effectiveness of your cyber security policies and technologies, register to the Intro Webinar on January 30, about EPRI's research to help you manage your cyber security operations.
For more information, please click here.
To register for the Intro Webinar, please email Candace Suh-Lee.
Join the 10th EE-ISAC Open Plenary on March 6th and 7th 2019 in Brussels.
The agenda will be shared soon and will focus mainly on:
- March 6th: NISD Work Stream 8 members will have the opportunity to meet with the EE-ISAC in order to discuss challenges related to the implementation of the NIS Directive in the energy sector as well as other issues related to the public-private cooperation in energy.
- March 7th: EE-ISAC Members Only Meeting
The EE-ISAC Chairman, Massico Rocca, will participate on behalf of the EE-ISAC to the InfraSEC Conference, taking place February 20, 2019 in Warsaw, Poland.
The InfraSEC Forum is the lost important conference of the Polish market concerning the practical aspects of security of the SCADA systems, ICS solutions and OT infrastructure. The meeting is addressed to the experts in IT, automation, (cyber) security and audits as well as critical infrastructure protection from all industries including the transmission sector – utilities, power, gas and fuels as well as large manufacturing, processing and mining companies.
During the morning panel "Act on the National Cybersecurity System: where are we, how are the implementation of the requirements of the key Services Operations and coopeation with the Competent Bodies going?" Massimo Rocca will focus on issues related to the implementation of the system resulting from the Act on the KSC and discuss about the cooperation between the enterprises and incident response teams.
Jarosław Sordyl (PSE), EE-ISAC Member, will also give a presentation on "Automation system security incident response - how to build an effective response system to attacks on the control systems in an organisation?"
For more information please click here.
The EE-ISAC is a proud partner of the Energy Intrusion Detection 2019 taking place 29-31 January 2019, in Amsterdam. This end-user driven, implementation focused conference draws together 120+ cybersecurity specialists from electrical power generation, transmission, and distribution operators across Europe to discuss the evaluation, procurement, and implementation of these crucial monitoring systems.
The event features a series of in-depth, utility-led case studies, concluding with an extended tutorial on IDS solution testing. Also featured are a technology innovation panel, a series of end-user round table discussions, a live demo lab of cutting-edge technologies, an exhibition of the latest products, and an evening networking reception open to all attendees.
Open European Parliament Conference - Brussels - 16 October 2018
Join the first EE-ISAC Panel Discussion at the European Parliament discussing "Ready for a European Resilient Cyber Security Single Market?"
To register online, please click here.
Open Plenary Session - Glasgow - 7 June 2018
Join us to interact with and share information on
- Current activities by EE-ISAC Members (ENISA, Austrian Institute of Technology & Siemens)
- Advancing standard IEC-62351 by ENEL
- Global Relations by EE-ISAC Stakeholders
- Power Networks Demonstration Centre (including tour of the facilities)
- More to be confirmed soon!
On 7 September 2017, the members of EE-ISAC welcomed over 80 (cyber) security & data protection experts to join their seminar 'Trusted cyber security information sharing within the European energy landscape'. This seminar was organized in collaboration with TNCEIP & hosted by ENISA.
Cyber-security knowledge sharing at European level (joint session with TNCEIP)
- Welcome by ENISA - Steve Purser, Head of Core Operations Department, ENISA
- Introduction to EE-ISAC - Johan Rambi, Member of the board, EE-ISAC / Corporate Privacy & Security Advisor, Alliander
- Introduction to TNCEIP - Georgios Giannopoulos, Scientific Officer, European Commission Joint Research Center (JRC)
- Lessons learned from the ENISA Cyber Security 2014 Exercise for the energy sector - Panagiotis Trimintzios, Cyber Exercises Programme Manager, ENISA
- Accomplishing a mature cyber security culture: how to empower employees as your First Line of Defense? Read more - Aurélio Blanquet, Director of Automation and Telecommunications & Nuno Medeiros, Head of OT Cyber Security at EDP Distribuição.
This session is organized in collaboration with TNCEIP (Thematic Network on Critical Energy Infrastructure Protection, an initiative of the DG Energy of the European Commission, gathering European owners and operators of energy infrastructure in the electricity, the gas and the oil sectors)
Early Afternoon Session:
The European threat landscape
User awareness- the cornerstone of Information Security - Christina Boura, Head of IT Security, Public Power Corporation S.A.
- Culture of Information Security
- Security professional's role / perspective
- Range of scope - Segmentation of the employees
- Gain Support of influential executives
- Security Awareness and a Tight Budget
- User Awareness Technics
- Ransomware campaigns for Critical Infrastructures - Jalal Bouhdada, Principal ICS Security Consultant, AppliedRisk
- The missing link in protecting critical facilities from insider threats: Integration of Physical- and Cyber Security & Segregation in monitoring of automated processes and human-intervened tasks Read more - Kayato Sekiya, Principal Researcher, NEC Corporation
Introduction to the concept of ‘hybrid threats’ Read more - Georgios Giannopoulos, Scientific Officer European Commission Joint Research Center (JRC)
Country focus - Greece
- Table top exercise for the energy sector in Greece: lessons learned - Georgios Eftychidis, Hellenic Center For Security Studies (KEMEA)
Gas infrastructure in the era of cyber threats: Are we protected? - Petros Theodorakis, Administrative Services Division Director & Panagiotis Panousos, Information & Communications Technology Director, DESFA S.A.
- Company's brief overview (role and responsibilities, gas and IT infrastructure)
- Corporate vs operational network (The use and the needs, the risks)
- Cyber security: what and why has to be protected
- Cyber security tools (Hardware and software tools in place, Policies and responsibilities, Cooperation with external bodies
- Effective prevention & amp; investigation of cybecrime - Georgios Papaprodromou, Head of Cybercrime Unit, Hellenic Police
- RAEʼs approach on risk awareness in the energy sector - Energy Regulator of Greece
- Securing Industrial Control and Operational Technologies Systems in Hellenic Petroleum - Elias Rallis, Instruments and Systems Engineer, Hellenic Petroleum S.A
Networking Programme: excursion to Modern Acropolis Museum and netwerk dinner
You were invited by the members of EE-ISAC: