The EE-ISAC is a proud partner of the Cyber Security Metrics Workshop (28 March) at the EPRI European Workshop Week taking place 26-28 March 2019, in Milan, Italy. The Workshop Week is a set of technical workshops focused on equipping TSO, DSO, Supplier and Generation professionals with the latest information on selected topics of most relevance for the European Energy Transition.
The event is addressed to those involved with grid operations and planning, reneweable, distributes resources, storage metering, cyber security and customer modeling at a utility or network operator.
If you wish to learn more on how to quantify the success of your cyber security investment decisions or apply standard measures of the effectiveness of your cyber security policies and technologies, register to the Intro Webinar on January 30, about EPRI's research to help you manage your cyber security operations.
For more information, please click here.
To register for the Intro Webinar, please email Candace Suh-Lee.
Save the date for the 10th EE-ISAC Open Plenary on March 6th and 7th 2019 in Brussels.
The agenda will be shared soon and will focus mainly on:
March 6th: NISD Work Stream 8 members will have the opportunity to meet with the EE-ISAC in order to discuss challenges related to the implementation of the NIS Directive in the energy sector as well as other issues related to the public-private cooperation in energy.
March 7th: EE-ISAC Members Only Meeting
The EE-ISAC is a proud partner of the Energy Intrusion Detection 2019 taking place 29-31 January 2019, in Amsterdam. This end-user driven, implementation focused conference draws together 120+ cybersecurity specialists from electrical power generation, transmission, and distribution operators across Europe to discuss the evaluation, procurement, and implementation of these crucial monitoring systems.
The event features a series of in-depth, utility-led case studies, concluding with an extended tutorial on IDS solution testing. Also featured are a technology innovation panel, a series of end-user round table discussions, a live demo lab of cutting-edge technologies, an exhibition of the latest products, and an evening networking reception open to all attendees.
Open European Parliament Conference - Brussels - 16 October 2018
Join the first EE-ISAC Panel Discussion at the European Parliament discussing "Ready for a European Resilient Cyber Security Single Market?"
To register online, please click here.
Open Plenary Session - Glasgow - 7 June 2018
Join us to interact with and share information on
- Current activities by EE-ISAC Members (ENISA, Austrian Institute of Technology & Siemens)
- Advancing standard IEC-62351 by ENEL
- Global Relations by EE-ISAC Stakeholders
- Power Networks Demonstration Centre (including tour of the facilities)
- More to be confirmed soon!
On 7 September 2017, the members of EE-ISAC welcomed over 80 (cyber) security & data protection experts to join their seminar 'Trusted cyber security information sharing within the European energy landscape'. This seminar was organized in collaboration with TNCEIP & hosted by ENISA.
Cyber-security knowledge sharing at European level (joint session with TNCEIP)
- Welcome by ENISA - Steve Purser, Head of Core Operations Department, ENISA
- Introduction to EE-ISAC - Johan Rambi, Member of the board, EE-ISAC / Corporate Privacy & Security Advisor, Alliander
- Introduction to TNCEIP - Georgios Giannopoulos, Scientific Officer, European Commission Joint Research Center (JRC)
- Lessons learned from the ENISA Cyber Security 2014 Exercise for the energy sector - Panagiotis Trimintzios, Cyber Exercises Programme Manager, ENISA
- Accomplishing a mature cyber security culture: how to empower employees as your First Line of Defense? Read more - Aurélio Blanquet, Director of Automation and Telecommunications & Nuno Medeiros, Head of OT Cyber Security at EDP Distribuição.
This session is organized in collaboration with TNCEIP (Thematic Network on Critical Energy Infrastructure Protection, an initiative of the DG Energy of the European Commission, gathering European owners and operators of energy infrastructure in the electricity, the gas and the oil sectors)
Early Afternoon Session:
The European threat landscape
User awareness- the cornerstone of Information Security - Christina Boura, Head of IT Security, Public Power Corporation S.A.
- Culture of Information Security
- Security professional's role / perspective
- Range of scope - Segmentation of the employees
- Gain Support of influential executives
- Security Awareness and a Tight Budget
- User Awareness Technics
- Ransomware campaigns for Critical Infrastructures - Jalal Bouhdada, Principal ICS Security Consultant, AppliedRisk
- The missing link in protecting critical facilities from insider threats: Integration of Physical- and Cyber Security & Segregation in monitoring of automated processes and human-intervened tasks Read more - Kayato Sekiya, Principal Researcher, NEC Corporation
Introduction to the concept of ‘hybrid threats’ Read more - Georgios Giannopoulos, Scientific Officer European Commission Joint Research Center (JRC)
Country focus - Greece
- Table top exercise for the energy sector in Greece: lessons learned - Georgios Eftychidis, Hellenic Center For Security Studies (KEMEA)
Gas infrastructure in the era of cyber threats: Are we protected? - Petros Theodorakis, Administrative Services Division Director & Panagiotis Panousos, Information & Communications Technology Director, DESFA S.A.
- Company's brief overview (role and responsibilities, gas and IT infrastructure)
- Corporate vs operational network (The use and the needs, the risks)
- Cyber security: what and why has to be protected
- Cyber security tools (Hardware and software tools in place, Policies and responsibilities, Cooperation with external bodies
- Effective prevention & amp; investigation of cybecrime - Georgios Papaprodromou, Head of Cybercrime Unit, Hellenic Police
- RAEʼs approach on risk awareness in the energy sector - Energy Regulator of Greece
- Securing Industrial Control and Operational Technologies Systems in Hellenic Petroleum - Elias Rallis, Instruments and Systems Engineer, Hellenic Petroleum S.A
Networking Programme: excursion to Modern Acropolis Museum and netwerk dinner
You were invited by the members of EE-ISAC: